Monday, March 18, 2013

And So I'm 24. (..late post)



Yes. I just turned 24 last March 12, 2013.

A lot of people are actually asking what it feels like to be a year older. But I think a better question to ask would be, "How has it been now you're on your 24th year?" Or maybe, "Has anything changed since last year?" Or I guess, "What's new now you're 24?". I bet it would take a million times of thinking for me..

So really, what would qualify as the most significant thing when you turn a year older? Is it the things you have done since the past year? Or the bad habits you have changed like smoking, drinking or staying up too long in a coffee shop doing nothing? What about the people you've met? Or the unexpected-turned-unforgettable events that occurred then? Would my 24 years of existence be significant if I had met Beyonce face-to-face when I was 23? Or spent a whole day just shopping in the streets of the UK?

But then I thought,  would these things be actually be significant? I thought twice..

It's the mere fact that I, having reached my 24th year in life, makes it all seven-fold meaningful. It's the fact that I'm still breathing and being able to type as I try to finish this "birthday edition" post. It's the so-many-other-wonderful stuff that brought me up and kicked me down. It's so many other things that you can't actually identify that makes living so grand.

I thought I would be able to share with you a lot of fortunes and misfortunes that came my way, but I thought I'd rather not. It's by mere appreciating what's NOW that really makes it worthwhile.

I feel weird by trying to express the point of this post since I don't feel too much coherence.. Well, that's actually what makes living and existing for 24 years meaningful and exciting. The fact that even if you, yourself, do not understand, some other existing Being beyond our means does. :)

I feel grateful for whatever have I become, it's all because of what I have chosen to be.

Amen.



Happy 24th birthday Ma. Lara Camille Ramos - De Chavez! Cheers! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...