Monday, May 14, 2012

Julian Lancelot Caius’ 1st Birthday Planning (Part II): Party Theme Changed to Royal Carnival Theme!! FINAL!

Maybe it was the sting of women's fickle mindedness that got me again.

This is FINAL: I will now change my son's 1st birthday theme from Cars to a Royal Carnival Theme. Forget about the Cars Theme. I thought I could play around more on the details that I want and at the same time, incorporate the  "Royal" / "Prince" theme for my son. A Carnival Theme is festive and so colorful that I am sure all the kids, especially my son, will enjoy. 




Set up
I will be playing with the colors red, yellow and blue to achieve that festive-carnival-ish theme. The set up is indoor so I cannot really have much design such as some additional booths like those in the Carnival. But since I have a Candy Buffet Corner, I will then have a spot where the theme could be seen the greatest. I will make a Big Top or what is commonly known the Circus Tent as a header design on the Candy Buffet. I can also add some banderitas around the area. All DIYd.


by: renetakesthecake.com


Basically, the balloon design will spell the theme. I also plan to design the Registration Booth like a Ticket Booth in a carnival.
by: andeverythingsweet.blogspot.com
Food
I have decided to celebrate my son's 1st birthday in Shakey's Quezon Avenue so food will not be much of a trouble. Although, I have some sweet goodies in mind. I will actually set up  a Candy Buffet, as I have mentioned earlier. Something like this:
by: blog.koyalwholesale.com

 
Candies like gum balls, colorful mallows, candy cane and the like is a good idea in addition to the Carnival theme. I will put them in jars and have some sticked on to a styropoar which I will design with some red and white stripes. 



 
                                           by: blog.hwtm.com                                                                                     by: bellyfeathersparty.blogspot.com




 by: candywarehouse.com


Since i'm in a slighlty tight budget, I have decided to create my own cupcake. I will buy ready made cupcakes in the supermarket and create my own icing or fondant which I will squeeze at the top of the cupcake. Then i will make my own topper by either buying some small variety of toys like animals, or whatever. In addition to that, I will also make some paper toppers like these:
                                        by: etsy.com                                                             by:kinsereventcompany.blogspot.com



Marshmallows can be a very creative topper too!

And what is a Carnival Party without Popcorns and Cotton Candies! Yes, they will be all present! Since I cannot bring the Cotton Candy Man inside the restaurant (plus the fact that it is not allowed), i will just buy the ready-made, packed cotton candies which you can buy in the supermarket.
by:alibaba.com
by: simplyklassichome.com
                                                               

As for the Popocorns, I simply plan to pop my own Popcorn in the comfort of my own Microwave oven.

Costume
Every single character you can imagine is found in a Carnival. It is almost like a fantasy land where you can find clowns fairies, magicians, elves, witches, mermaids and a lot more. This idea is what I liked most about the Carnival theme. I can get my son wear something like a Prince since his name was derived from the Royal Emperor (Julian, Caius) and Courageous Knight (Lancelot) of the Medieval times. And speaking of characters, I will ask my invited kids to wear their own favorite character costume! Isn't that fun! It will be like a costume party and I am sure kids will enjoy being dressed like that!

Entertainment
Number one thing that I told myself that should be present in my son's party was the Photobooth. And yes, I'm hiring one. I'm still thinking between a Face Painter or a Bubble Show for the kids. Actually the Face Paint is best to complement the theme, however I think I can get through the party without it. What I'm fascinated about is the Bubble Show wherein you can actually be inside the bubble and take a picture of it in it! So, there. Will post soon after I decide.

Games
I have not actually though tof the games because it still too early. But for sure it will be well picked and thought considering that it has to be ALL indoor games and also the space of the playing area. Let's see. I can still adjust after I see how big the play area space is. For now, I have not visited the place so again, I will post the list of Games with their description soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I really found your arrangements best. Great job. Have to plan my nephew’s birthday. Thinking of using some of your ideas. Will be hosting a party at one of LA event venues. Thanks for sharing these ideas here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...